Friday, October 3, 2014

September Favorites!

During the month of September, I had a couple of goals for myself. Some that included changing my hair and others that involved trying out new things and places. This month, I accomplished my goals and I am going into October feeling confident and ready for the new season!


Makeup Forever HD Foundation: I have literally fallen in love with this foundation. I was hesitant of purchasing this for a while because I'm not a fan of full coverage foundation (fear of cake face!) so I put this off for a long time. However, the formula is really lightweight and I can customize the coverage without looking cake-y! The color matches me perfectly (thank you Sephora!) and blends flawlessly into my skin. It does a great job of evening out my skin so I don't have to use as much concealer over the top of blemishes. I have oily skin, but this product doesn't enhance any oiliness. I highly recommend this product!

Anastasia #7 Brush: I don't know why I decided to pick this brow tool up, but I'm happy I did! The eyebrow brush is really thin so I can add product to small sections without over doing the pomade or shadow I decide to use in my brows. I really like how there's a spool on the other side as well. It makes the whole process so easy and fast!

E.L.F Mini Eyelash Curler: This tool has been a favorite of mine for a while, but I had gone without it for about 2 months. When I picked this up again at Target, I was amazed at how much it did for my lashes! It reaches even the smallest of lashes (like in the inner corner!) so you really get a nice curl! I definitely prefer a mini eyelash curler over a normal sized one. 

Jerome Russell Punky Color in 'Turquoise': This month, I decided to dye my ombre turquoise! It was a big step for me since I have never dyed my hair an unnatural color before. This color is so fun though and I love it! The dye itself fades pretty fast considering I wash my hair everyday so I had to make some changes to my routine! It also smells amazing (like grapes!).


Brio Restaurant at Irvine Spectrum: I've never included a restaurant in my favorites, but this place was too good! Brio recent opened at the Irvine Spectrum Center in Southern California. I ordered a salmon dish and was so surprised at how amazing it was! The dish was so savory and had an unexpected zest to it. I can honestly say I have never tried anything like it. Since the main dish was so delicious, I decided to indulge in dessert! I ordered a chocolate cake with gelato on top. This dessert definitely did not disappoint! If there is a Brio anywhere near you, I highly recommend checking it out! 



Gossip Girl Season 1-6: I had started watching Gossip Girl the beginning of this year and I was very on and off about it. To me, it was a show I would go back to whenever I was bored. But, once I got to season 6, I realized how much the characters had grown and the final episode was almost bittersweet. I didn't want it all to end! I did not expect the ending, even though I already knew who Gossip Girl was (thanks Tumblr!). This show was something I wouldn't usually watch, but I'm glad I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment