Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Bring On The Vamp!


Autumn is my absolute favorite season. I love everything about it! Doc Martens, knee high socks, heavy cardigans, and vampy lips all scream autumn to me. But today, I am only focusing on the lips! I don't usually change up my makeup to match the season, but I definitely make exceptions for autumn. It is the beginning of September and I did not waste a single second to pull out my favorite lipsticks of the season!


* Revlon 'Black Cherry' Lipstick: This is the darkest lipstick I have in my collection. The formula is moisturizing, but the finish is still semi-matte. The color is exactly as the name suggests -- an intense, dark burgundy color that will definitely intensify any look!

* Mac 'Rebel' Lipstick: 'Rebel' is an all-time favorite of mine. This is a perfect mix of purple and red, almost like a raspberry color. The formula is almost matte, but it has a beautiful sheen to it. 

* Topshop 'The Damned' Lipstick: This is a sheerer version of 'Rebel' with a bit more of a pink undertone. The formula is a bit drying, but lip balm before application should help with that! You can build this lipstick up to a bold color, or sheer it down for a more natural look.  

* Topshop 'Beguiled' Lipstick: 'Beguiled' is a gorgeous burgundy/wine color. There's a reason everyone fell in love with it last fall! The finish is matte and the formula is also a bit drying. 

* Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in 'Damned':  'Damned' is a wine colored pencil with a slight purple undertone to it. I use it more when I want something that will last all day, especially since it has a matte finish! 

* E.L.F Long Wear Lip Liner in 'Bitter': This doesn't really count as a lipstick, but 'Bitter' is the perfect lip liner to pair with any of the above lipsticks. It basically matches 'Beguiled' perfectly, but can be paired with any vampy lipstick. The formula is long-lasting and the price is even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment