Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Packing For Vacation: Makeup Essentials

Before packing for a vacation or getaway, I like to plan ahead for any scenario. That being said... I usually over-pack and bring things I don't need. This usually happens with deciding what makeup to bring with me. I love to bring it all! But, with a small getaway coming up for me, I'm making sure to only bring the essentials! 


Organization is key when packing. I recently bought this super bright makeup bag in hopes of organizing my makeup for vacations. It's big enough to take what I need, but small enough to discourage over-packing. 


Face Makeup
* Rimmel 'Stay Matte' Primer: This is my go-to primer! It helps my foundation stay on all day so that I won't need to reapply my makeup later that night.
* L'Oreal 'True Match' Foundation: I'm choosing to bring a full coverage foundation with me because it will last all day and needs few touch-ups.
* Maybelline 'Fit Me' Concealer
* Rimmel 'Stay Matte' Powder
* TheBalm's 'Frat Boy' Blush
* TheBalm's 'Mary-Lou Manizer'
* E.L.F's Baked Bronzer in 'Los Cabos'


Eye Makeup
* Two-Faced 'Better Than Sex' Mascara
* Anastasia Clear Brow Gel: Keeping my eyebrows in place is a definite necessity!
* TheBalm's 'Schwing' Eyeliner: This eyeliner stays on all day, which is perfect for a full day of exploring!
* Clinique Botton Lash Mascara
* TheBalm's 'Brow Pow' Eyebrow Powder
* Lancome's eyeshadow quad in 'Gardenia' 'Moonstruck' 'Bronze' & 'Chocolat Brule': I like to keep my eye makeup simple when on vacation, but I like to have the option of creating a day-time appropriate look or a night-time smokey look. This quad of bronze-y shades is perfect for that!
* Carmex Lipbalm


Makeup Brushes
* Large Powder Brush (Brand Unknown)
* Real Techniques Blush Brush 
* Real Techniques Buffing Brush (for foundation)
* Small Blush Brush (for contouring)
* Real Techniques Contour Brush (for setting powder under the eyes)
* 2 Eyeshadow Brushes 
* Pencil Brush
* Eyeshadow Crease Brush


This is what everything looks like in the makeup bag! I highly recommend a makeup bag like this because it really organizes everything and secures all your products. This ensures that nothing will break open during travel! 

makeup bag from Forever21

No comments:

Post a Comment