Wednesday, July 2, 2014

June Favorites!


E.L.F High Definition Powder (Corrective Yellow): For a while, I was extremely attached to my HD Under Eye Setting Powder by E.L.F, but this month I decided to try something new! And I'm so glad I did! This powder is my new favorite! It's super fine and luxurious feeling. It applies real nicely under the eyes. I don't really see a big difference in terms of correcting and redness, but I love the way it feels and applies. I was worried about this powder leaving a yellow tone to my under eyes, but if you apply the right amount, you shouldn't see any intense yellow color. 

Essence 3D eyeshadow (Irresistible Vanilla Latte): This product looks very similar to MAC's extra dimension eyeshadows, which is why I was so intrigued! Because it is so shimmery, I like to use this as a highlighter, both for my cheekbones and the inner corner of my eyes. When the light hits my cheekbones or eyes, this product just pops out! I absolutely love it! Spray a little Fix+ on a brush and apply this product; you'll get the most beautiful glow! If you aren't a fan of glitter, I would definitely stay away. 


MAC, Urban Decay & Makeup Atelier Paris Pigments: I've been experimenting with a couple of pigments from my makeup collection and I have fallen in love with these three! MAC's 'Tan' pigment and Urban Decay's 'Shag' pigment are extremely similar, but for some reason, they look different! For special occasions, I like to mix pigments. MAC's 'Tan' pigment and Makeup Atelier's 'Sparkle Mauve' pigment are so beautiful together! 'Sparkle Mauve' is so unique (a frosty, lavender, iridescent pigment). You can use these pigments alone, or mix them together for a unique color, which is why I have been loving these!


Miss Dior Cherie Perfume: I can't tell you how many small sample-sized perfumes I own. I also can't tell you have many of those I've actually sampled. But continuing with the theme of experimentation, I decided to try one of those perfumes out and ended up loving Miss Dior Cherie! It reminds me so much of spring and whenever I wear it, I feel like a grown young woman. It smells like a more sophisticated version of Philosophy's 'Amazing Grace.' It has a floral, sweet smell to it, which screams out spring to me! 


Arm Jewelry: My Oris watch is a recent hand-me-down from my mom and I can't stop wearing it! I love how it incorporates both silver and gold so I never have to wear only one metal. I also have been wearing these beaded bracelets non-stop. They are a recent DIY and a cheaper alternative to designer bracelets!

Steve Madden Sandals: I haven't been able to stop wearing these ever since my amazing boyfriend gifted them to me! They are so comfortable, but they also add an edge to any simple outfit. I have been pairing these with black skinny jeans and a simple grey top to really make these shoes stand out!

Christian Louboutin Pigalle in Mango: These Loubs are my first ever pair and I can't cherish them enough. The bright orange color is perfection and the spikes add that extra touch! They are the new styled Pigalle shoe, and compared to the old style, I prefer the new one! They did take some breaking in and pain (maybe some tears!). Also, since this is my first Pigalle shoe, it took some practice to perfect the walk! These shoes are too perfect to not wear and I will probably favorite them for the rest of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment