Monday, December 29, 2014

The Little Things: Feeling Confident

There are days when I feel like I have lost all hope, where everything I do goes wrong. My foundation isn’t blending in smoothly. My wings are uneven. I have nothing to wear. Whatever the case may be, there are some little things I do to make myself feel just a little bit better. It can be anything. Listening to my favorite song, applying a bold lipstick, or spraying on some of that sweet smelling perfume that I love oh so much!

Confidence can originate from many places. Some of us are naturally confident no matter the circumstance. Others find confidence in their intelligence, preparedness, looks, or even material possessions. Whatever the case is, everyone finds inspiration and belief in oneself in a number of ways.


The Little Things That Make Me Feel Confident

* Killer shoes (i.e. thigh high boots, Louboutins, or some funky Jeffrey Campbells)
* A bold lipstick (i.e. ColourPop’s ‘Creature’ lipstick)
* Actually doing my hair
* Amazing lashes (thank you falsies!)
* Threading my eyebrows (Gotta have a strong brow game!)
* Being prepared (i.e. For that big math test or for a night out)
* ODESZA, Beyonce, Kanye, Lana Del Rey

Although these little things make me feel confident in the way I look, I have to remind myself that this is only one tiny part of confidence. Confidence is such a huge topic and after meditating on this, I realized that there are a million of other branches of it. You could be the best looking person in your college, but if you are not confident in yourself to achieve academic success, you won’t go far.
Whatever it is you’re trying to achieve (academic success, feeling good about yourself, getting that promotion, etc.), do so with confidence. Believe in yourself and do whatever it takes to do so, because if you don’t have confidence in yourself, who else will?

8 comments:

  1. I love this post! And you look stunning (your jacket is gorgeous)!:) X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely and positive post!!
    Xxx

    http://allyouneedisredlipstick.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah, lipstick and killer shoes make me feel great too. Keep with the positives!

    http://aroseisinbloom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are instant confidence boosters for me!

      Jessica

      Delete
  4. lovely dress :)

    http://Sapetoibien.Blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete