Saturday, December 9, 2017

The Natural Base

A clean and minimal base has been my go-to lately. I wake up relatively early and I don't really like spending 10 minutes blending out my foundation. I like to use my fingers to apply a thin base and use a foundation with more coverage on larger areas that need a little more attention. 

As much as I would love to have flawless skin, that's just not a reality for me. My skin scars easily and those scars take weeks to fade. Instead of covering up all imperfections, I have learned to embrace them! But being confident with my skin hasn't always come naturally. 

I have a pretty extensive skin care routine and knowing that I'm doing the best I can to keep my skin looking healthy keeps my mind at ease. But, for days that I actually do have to leave the house and need something minimal that will still make me look put together, I opt for a simple base; something that allows my skin to breathe!


The Three Product Base

use this to even out skin tone and reduce redness

use sparingly in large areas that need coverage
I apply only on cheeks and chin
Blend out with a beauty sponge to avoid streaks

use to spot conceal
also use under eyes

Three products might seem a little much for a "natural" base, but I think it's best to layer thin products over each other instead of one heavy foundation. My skin looks naturally even, without the feeling of a heavy foundation. 


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like something good to use as a base.
    http://sugarcoatedbears.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

  2. These are really great products. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on it dear. Would want to try them all.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete