Tuesday, November 7, 2017

First Impressions: Drunk Elephant's Umbra Tinte

To me, sunscreen is a very complicated product. You're supposed to love it and use it every single day, but for the longest time, I neglected it. I've tried numerous samples and loved some, but never saw it as a necessity in my routine. 

After my obsession with Drunk Elephant started (about 2 months ago!), I decided to try out their Umbra Tinte Physical Daily Defense, which is a tinted sunscreen with SPF 30.

Since purchasing, I have used it for about 3 weeks and fall more in love each time.


First impressions:

* Umbra Tinte has a very small amount of color/coverage to it. Not enough to cover spots, but enough to even your skin out
* Leaves skin looking very glowy, but not greasy
* It doesn't slip and slide on my oily skin
* Very light fragrance 
* Not a fan of the packaging (I tend to lose caps!)
* Hydrating enough to use as a moisturizer 
* Perfect to use on its own for a very light makeup day

How I use Umbra Tinte:
  • Right after my face primer, I slather a nickel size amount all over my face and neck. Because it does have a small amount of tint, I only use foundation where I have dark spots (chin and cheeks). 

I really like this product because it minimizes the amount of foundation I need to use and provides enough tackiness for my face makeup to really stick. It does all this and it provides UV protection! It makes wearing sun protection very easy and it's something I really don't have to overthink!

Needless to say, I really recommend this to anyone looking to add SPF into their routine without having to worry about white casts or a greasy sunscreen feeling/smell. I don't really consider this a skincare product because I apply after I have started using makeup products. But, its great for easy makeup days since it has a slight tint to it!

I'm actually very curious about Drunk Elephant's non-tinted version of this product and will definitely be trying it out soon!

1 comment: