Friday, October 20, 2017

Skincare Favorites Worth the Investment

Skincare has always been a challenge for me. You try to take really good care of your skin, but you end up over exfoliating or drying out your skin with harsh chemicals. Earlier this year, I was struggling with small breakouts and painful hormonal acne. I had left over scarring from previous breakouts and texture all over my chin and forehead.
Like the usual person, I tried to exfoliate my problems away using harsh scrubs. And I realized that these scrubs weren't really doing anything for my skin.

After months of trial and error, I feel like my skincare finally works for me and tackles my main skin concerns. The one thing I can recommend to you is to really invest in your skin. And I know not everyone (me!) can afford to get a luxury facial every month, but investing in products that will last you months can definitely give you similar (sometimes ever better!) results.

Cleanse | This is the most important part of my routine, mainly because I remove all of the makeup, pollution, and oils that have collected on my face throughout the day. I don't really find the need to spend a huge amount of money on a face wash (I can literally use anything). I like to start with a basic cleansing wipe to remove the bulk of my makeup, follow up with a foaming cleanser, and finish off with my Bioderma Micellar Water (which is my all time favorite)!

Layer | After completely cleansing my skin, I like to start layering my serums and emulsions. My current favorite is the Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum, which has completely turned my skin around. I found that after using it in combination with my other Drunk Elephant products, my acne scars has faded away almost completely and I hardly break out. My skin texture has almost completely smoothed out and I couldn't be happier. This serum does cost a pretty penny, but it is completely worth it! 
Moisturize | Out of all the layers I apply on my skin, moisturizer is my favorite part. I like to use the Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream because I can use it day and night. It's very lightweight and doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy. Another favorite is the Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate, which I only use at night. This oil is lightweight, but really does moisturize my skin without feeling overly greasy and I find that my skin drinks it right up. 

Mask | I use so many different masks for so many different reasons. I literally mask almost every single night! If I could recommend only one though, it would definitely be the Drunk Elephant TLC Sukari Babyfacial. This mask, in combination with the Framboos Serum, has completely changed the texture of my skin. I only use this once a week for 20 minutes, but every time I wash it off, my face looks glow-y and radiant. After using it once a week for 2 months, my skins texture is smoother and my acne scars have almost completely disappeared. This product is an investment, but I would 100% recommend it.

You don't need to spend hundreds of dollars on a high-end skincare routine, but investing in a couple key serums and moisturizers could really change your skin. And who knows, you might end up getting addicted to these amazing skincare brands like I have!


3 comments:

  1. i used to love the midnight recovery but i haven't used it in ages as i only use the ordinary products now and my skin has never been better.
    ❤︎

    www.elenaisabelle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been really interested in the Ordinary's products, but I feel so overwhelmed with the amount of choices they have! Any staples you would recommend?

      Delete
  2. I've heard amazing things about Drunk Elephant - the Glycolic Night Serum sounds amazing!

    Jasmine xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete